cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using transforms and filters without device drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I came across NIMS as a possible solution for some transforms and filtering, possibly even generating test signal data, for a seismic application. I'm in the process of evaluating NIMS for best possible fit for what we need/want to accomplish.

Basically, we've got some seismic data, and we want to process that data through a series of transforms and filters to denoise and pick the data for seismic analysis. No sense reinventing the wheel if we can adopt and then adapt a third-party library like NIMS into our app.

We do not necessarily need any device drivers, although I noticed installing NIMS requires them. Hopefully we can opt in or out depending on what's actually required. Can someone help clarify the nature of the driver dependency?

Anyhow, like I said I am evaluating it for best possible fit in our application, but in the meantime if someone can shed some light on the above concerns, questions, etc, would begreat.

Thank you...

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mwpowellhtx

You don't need to install any device drivers to use Measurement Studio. If you're prompted to do so by the insall wizard, just cancel out of the driver installation prompt.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,083 Views)

Right on. That's about what I did, and the install ran fine from there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,080 Views)

Glad to hear it! 🙂

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,069 Views)