Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using datasocket over a LAN...

I am trying to learn Measurement Studio (I believe we have 7.1) and I am using VB.Net 2003...

I am wanting to set up a very simple send/receive (a send textbox, send button, receive lable, and receive button) program using the datasocket over a LAN. I have the same program running on both computer, with the datasocket server on the computer where I have the target/source for the data. I have already set the URL (for the main computer with the server it is dstp:\\localhost\data), and I have already used the DataSocket Server Manager to set the data item ("data") to allow multiple writers. But it is not working. If I "send" the data from one computer, the datasocket server acknowledges it, but I cannot receive the data from the other computer. I can only receive data that has been sent from the same computer... Are there any examples anywhere of how to do this? I checked on my harddrive, and the example there is no help...

Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,308 Views)
A bit confused, but I think you are saying that thecliant is not working.
dstp:\\localhost\data),
dstp:\\Computer name(ip adress)\data),

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,270 Views)
I believe this is the same post as the following link

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=180&message.id=27471

If not please let me know, but it looks to be solved.

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,250 Views)

Thanks for that Brandon.

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,235 Views)