Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using WPF

It was stated in this forums that the graph uses the GDI+ drawing engine.
This can be a problem for applications plotting much data at a very fast rate.

Is Measurement Studio going to use the new Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) which again offers hardware acceleration?

Christian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,502 Views)

Hi Christian,

We are currently looking into providing WPF support for Measurement Studio.  With that said, it would be nice if you could send me a product suggestion so we have your request on record. When you do send in that suggestion, if you could, please describe what controls (if you have specific ones) you would like to see implemented via WPF, reasons for wanting WPF (including your reason stated in the post), your application requirements, etc.

You are correct in saying that our .NET graph uses GDI+.  The performance issues you see with GDI+ are related to .NET in general rather than just Measurement Studio. However, what I would suggest you do is to take a look at the Optimizing Measurement Studio Windows Forms Graph .NET Controls topic in the NI Measurement Studio Help. It gives you recommendations of improving performance.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(4,492 Views)
Native WPF support would be amazing.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,473 Views)
I would like to encourage other users to also place a product suggestion regarding WPF describing their needs.
Christian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,445 Views)
Hi Jonathan,
I am developing WPF application with NI measurement studio for .NET tools and I got big troubles with converting image into some WPF image format. Is there any way how to convert NationalInstruments.CWIMAQControls.CWIMAQImage to BitmapSource? Or is there any alternative to ActiveX viewer component (ActiveX component in WPF application is always topmost object due to WindowsFormsHost tag and it is unacceptable behavior in my application)?

Best Regards,
Jan Siroky, Energocentrum
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,274 Views)