Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NI drivers from web form

Hi,

I use the Measurement studio drivers for the NI GPIB card in a C# Windows Form app. Now I want to see if I can port it into a Web Forms app. Is it possible to access the drivers from this web forms app? I sitll plan on using C# as the development language.

The scenario I would like to have is, a user can open this web forms app from any computer in a LAN of a corp, and access the equipments connected to the GPIB card. Please advise, thanks.

Ke
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,121 Views)
Hello Ke,

Yes you can create a WebForm in VS 2005 that will work with your Measurement Studio forms and any drivers/hardware that they use.   The key is to ensure that the hardware and drivers are properly setup on the server computer that will be hosting this form.  Measurement Studio provides ASP.NET support (WebForm controls) in version 8.0.1 and later for use in Visual Studio 2005. Unfortunately, there is no support for webform controls in Visual Studio .NET 2003.  If you have MStudio and VS 2005 installed you can navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\MStudioVS2005\DotNET\Examples\UI\WebForms, and open the solution file contained therein.  If you build this solution and run the program the C# WebForm will open and you can explore the examples it contains.  These examples use simulated data for the most part, but it shouldn't be a problem to use these as a starting point for your application. 
John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,090 Views)
Thanks for the tip John! I will take a look at it on Monday.

Best,
Ke
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,085 Views)