Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Measurement Studio 6 ActiveX components with .NET/Measurement Studio 8.0.1?

We have found that certain NI analysis functions like Peak Detection are substantially faster when using Measurement Studio 6 ActiveX components than their equivalent functions in Measurement Studio 8.0.1 (i.e., Measurement Stuido.NET). This has been confirmed by NI support. Using the Measurement Stuido 6 ActiveX component makes a substantial difference in performance for our application. It is relatively easy to import the MS 6 components into the .NET environment and use them in a .NET application, and we have been successful in doing so. However, when I have installed test versions of our .NET application that utilize the Measurement Studio 6 ActiveX component that provides Peak Detection and I run the application, I get a message box the first time the application is executed that says that we have installed a demo version of Measurement Studio that will expire after 30 days.

Is there anything additional beyond the actual ActiveX component (i.e., a runtime library, license component, etc.) that we need to include in our install for the ActiveX component to operate properly along with our application on a target machine?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,880 Views)

Hi Matthew,

You could have possible have demo version of your CW ActiveX controls installed on that system. To fix this issue, refer to the KnowledgeBase ActiveX Controls Evaluation Message Box Appears after Installing Measurement Studio

As far as deploying your application, refer to these two KnowledgeBases

How Do I Distribute a .NET Application that Contains Measurement Studio Controls?
Distributing Measurement Studio ActiveX Applications

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,863 Views)