Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlicense CWIMAQVision in VB

When I drop the CWIMAQVision component to a VB form (VB6), I see that the icon representing CWIMAQVision has as big EVAL word on top of the icon, so I install the NI-IMAQ Vision Builder 6.0.  After the installation, I open the same VB project, and now the CWIMAQVision icon has no EVAL written on the icon.  I thought that the licensing issue is resolved.  However, when I try to debug the program, running the project inside the IDE, I got an error message that said "Unlicensed copy" everytimes I try call the functions under CWIMAQVision.  What is going on?  When I launch the Vision builder, everything is working fine there, now message that indicated this is an unlicense copy.  Any help would be appriciated.  I understand that I need to install the deployment license on the target computer if I distribute the software.  However, here I am using it on the development computer, and I am not creating an executable file.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,378 Views)

Avx1,

It sounds like there is a licensing issue. The best way to tell if your software is licensed properly is to look in the NI License Manager.  To do this in Windows (If you do not have Windows let me know), click on your Start Menu, go to Programs >> National Instruments >> NI License Manager.  On the left you will see a list of NI software.  The software that is fully licensed will have a green square.  See if NI-Vision is licensed on your computer, if it isn't, you can use your serial number to activate it on that computer.  Also, make sure that there is only one version of Vision on your computer.

One last thing, if you have any software that does not have a green licensed square, or green half square, could you please list it?  It may help to track down any licensing issues.  Thank you!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,366 Views)
NI-IMAQ Vision Builder 6.0 does is an older product, I don;t thing it is install  with NI License Manager.  In addition, this is the developmnet computer, not deployment computer.  The development package should allow us to develope the software in this computer.  When installing NI-IMAQ Vision Builder 6.0, it asks for the serial number.  I enter the serial number and the software continue the installation until completion without any error.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,356 Views)

Avx1,

I see, that makes sense, so I'm assuming you don't have the License manager.  It almost sounds like only part of the needed software was installed.  Have you ever gotten CWIMAQ or Vision Builder to work?  There may have been another CD with your Vision Builder 6.0 CD just called Vision.  If there is one, I would try installing it.

Were there any other CD's with your Vision Builder 6.0 CD?  If so let me know, or if you have other NI Vision or IMAQ software installed.  Thank you!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineer

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,343 Views)