Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6009 Visual Studio 2005: Change from diff to RSE Mode

Hi, I'm really trying to learn the ends and outs of the USB-6009. Everything technically works, but now I would like to mend the example programs to do things that I actually need. For starters the Visual Basic programs initialize the USB-6009 in differential mode instead of RSE mode which is what i need. Any help on what code I need to add to change this would be greatly appreciated. I'm running AcqVoltageSamples_IntClk example program. If you need more information from me, please ask.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,186 Views)
Hi Mitch,

The code that you will need to change to switch the 6009 from differential mode to RSE is the third parameter in the CreateVoltageChannel function. I've included a snippet below:

myTask.AIChannels.CreateVoltageChannel(physicalChannelComboBox.Text," ", (AITerminalConfiguration.Rse)(-1),Convert.ToDouble(minimumValueNumeric.Value),
    Convert.ToDouble(maximumValueNumeric.Value),AIVoltageUnits.Volts);

By default if you do not specify a terminal configuration it defaults to differential.

For more information on configuring the device I would recommend the section of the NI-DAQmx .NET 2.0 Framework Help called Using the Measurement Studio NI-DAQmx .NET Library.

The location of the help file is referenced here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Message Edited by Jon M on 09-26-2007 01:05 PM

Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,177 Views)
It seems to work if I type in AITerminalConfiguration.Rse and not (AITerminalConfiguration.Rse)(-1). Thank you for the link on the documentation. But, I'll still most likely have many questions.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,169 Views)