Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to add Measurement Studio to an Install Shield setup

I am having great difficulty adding Measurment Studio to my InstallShield 11.5 MSI project. It looks like Winform and Common classes is not being installed to the Windows\Assembly folder. I tried setting the Destination property to the "default destination" and the [INSTALLDIR] but neither works. Will I have to do this manually?

I also had to create a folder Mesa\Shared with mesa.dll in it because of another error. Is there a fix for this?

Dave T
512-381-3233
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,940 Views)
Measurement Studio provides MergeModules in the Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules folder for every assembly and all their requirements.  The Merge Modules define dependencies on everything that they require underneath (such as Mesa).  If you are using WindowsForms you should just have to tell InstallShield to use the MStudioWinForms.MSM and all the other MSMs in that directory will also be included as needed. This includes UICommon and Common.  This is how it works in Visual Studio and Wise, which is what I have knowledge about.

Most of our MSMs do not install to the GAC by default, they install to the application directory.  This is changable through a ModuleRetargetable Directory for each MSM and can be cahnged to the GAC if you wish.

I hope this helps.

Jeff
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,917 Views)