Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.Runtime.InteropService.COMException (0x800401F3): Invalid class string

I am getting the following error message box when I open MSVS 2003.NET.

Measurement Studio
System.Runtime.InteropService.COMException (0x800401F3): Invalid class string at EnvDTE.Windows.CreateToolWindow(Addin AddInInst, String ProgID, String Caption, String GuidPosition, Object& DocObj) at NationalInstruments.ParameterAssistant.AddIn.SetupUI().

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Other information about my computer. I have MSVS 6.0, 2003.NET, and 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers w/ Service Pack 1 installed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(11,369 Views)
Puglover,

A few questions about your Measurement Studio installation.

1) Has Visual Studio ever openned correctly after installing Visual Studio?
2) If not and this has occured since the first time you installed Measurement Studio, are you logged in as the administrator? Measurement Studio registers a few things with Visual Studio the first time it is openned and needs to be an administrator to do so.
3) What version of Measurement Studio do you have installed?

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(11,347 Views)
1. Now that you mention it, I'm not totally sure that MSVS 2003 has ever opened correctly. MSVS 6.0 and MSVS 2005 open correctly. However, Measurement Studio is not integrated with 2005 or 6.0 as far as I can tell. I'm a little concerned that I cannot see it in 6.0.

2. I am administrator.

3. I have version 7.1.0.306. I will be getting the latest version 8.1 in about a week. It takes a little time to get to our IT group.

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(11,338 Views)
It definitely sounds like one of the files for Measurement Studio has been corrupt or not installed properly. I wonder, were there any errors during the installation? If you do not remember it is not completely important. What we'll need to do is repair the installation of Measurement Studio or, if you can wait for 8.1, uninstall 7.1 and install 8.1.

Message Edited by Brandon V on 03-08-2007 02:11 PM

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(11,326 Views)
I don't recall any errors, but it's possible. I have uninstalled measurement studio 7.1 and MSVS 2003 opens without any errors. I will try to re-install it later and watch for errors. I will reply again and let you know how it went.

On a side note: Does 8.1 work with MSVS 6.0, 2003, and 2005?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(11,315 Views)

Hi Puglover,

If you want the Measurement Studio support for Visual Studio 6, you will need to have the Professional or Enterprise package of Measurement Studio.  If you just need support for Visual Studio 2003/2005, you can get any of the packages. For the Visual Studio 2003/2005 support, 1 CD will ship for that and on that CD you will have two different installers. One for VS2003 and one for VS2005. Check out the Measurement Studio Comparison Page for further help.

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(11,307 Views)

We bought the Enterprise edition. So it should work with all.

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(11,306 Views)
There should be one disc for Measurement Studio for 2003 and 2005 and another disc for Measurement Studio for VS 6.0. If you only installed the main Measurement Studio disc, you would not have 6.0 support.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(11,298 Views)