Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop 9264 output signals

Hi,

I have a cDAQ-9174 chassis with 9264, 9401 and 9485 modules. The 9264 module generates analog signals that I want to stop (set to 0s) immediately when one of the 9401 digital inputs changes. Is there a way to this internally without going through a PC?

I’ve tried to use a digital input as a PauseTrigger on analog output task. It stops the task but leaves analog outputs in a random state (last samples). The 9264 module does not support AOIdleOutputBehavior.ZeroVolts property.

I’ve also tried to route analog output signals through 9485 module and use a digital input as a StartTrigger / PauseTrigger on digital output task but the 9485 does not support DOLineStatesStartState / DOLineStatesDoneState / DOLineStatesPausedState properties.

Thanks,

eg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,747 Views)

Hello Eg,

Have you considered using a reference digital trigger. The reference trigger stops the acquisition and flushes all samples in the onboard DAQ FIFO to computer memory. Here is more information o different triggering options:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4329/en/

Regards,

Jose R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,697 Views)

Hi Jose,

I’m getting the following error when I’m trying to create a reference trigger:

Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task.

Property: NationalInstruments.DAQmx.ReferenceTrigger.Type

Task Name: Analog Output

Status Code: -200452

The reference trigger does not seem to be available for analog outputs.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,691 Views)

Hello Eg,

It seems the NI-8264 does not support the reference trigger property. Also it is not possible to accomplish this without going through the PC as you originally asked. What I would recommend is to generate a dummy finite signal of 0 V when you stop generating the original signal so make sure the last value is not the last samples values.

Regards,

Jose R
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,656 Views)