Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Axis Zooming Problems with Waveform and Scatter Graphs

Is there any way to ensure that only the desired axis zooms when InteractionMode is set to either ZoomX or ZoomY?  Whenever I try to do a single axis zoom in a scatter or waveform graph (using the shift key and the mouse) the other axis zooms in a very small amount on one side.  I'm guessing that this occurs because the single axis mode simply restricts the box you draw to the edges of the graph, rather than fundamentally altering the way the zooming works, and the pixelation of the box causes a small zoom on one side.  It's very annoying, especially when there is a data point at the very edge of the graph which disappears.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,208 Views)
I'm not seeing the same behavior as you.  Do you have a screenshot?  I only have 1 plot and am running the example here: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2003\DotNET\Examples\UI\Graph\DataInspection\cs   Are you using VB.NET or CS.NET?  Or are you using a different version?  What all is plotted?  Do you have anything else checked for interaction mode?  

Regards,
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 7
(4,193 Views)
I can't seem to find that example you mentioned, but the behavior occurs with any data I use (as long as there are points along the edge) and with any combination of the interaction modes.  Here are some screenshots

I plotted points all the way around the edge of the graph...

Then I selected a zoom area along the x-axis from about 4 to 10...

And the zoomed area is missing the lower and right edges...

I'm using VB 2005 with Measurement Studio 7.1 for VS.NET 2003 and a patch from NI's site that seems to make them compatible.  I doubt that this problem is related to the versions, but who knows?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,181 Views)
That's odd because when I zoom it goes past the pixels instead of less than the pixels.  So instead of just stopping at 10 it will go to something like 10.05.  This is only when zoom horizontally.  When zooming vertically I get no funny play.  Of course I have Measurement Studio 8.0.1 which was built for the 2.0 Framework.  I don't see how this would make a difference though.  I agree with you about the version shouldn't matter.  Does it have the same behavior for both the Waveform Graph and Scatter Graph?  Or do they behave differently?  Mine seem to behave the same. 
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 4 of 7
(4,171 Views)
The Waveform and Scatter Graph behave the same for me.  I also tried several other settings and such.  I tried changing the Axes Mode (Fixed, AutoScaleLoose, AutoScaleExact, etc.) and the SelectionStyle.  I also tried sizing the control so that the number of pixels across the axis was such that the tick marks at the ends fell exactly on a pixel (i.e. if the scale went from 0 to 10 I made graph area 11 pixels wide), but it behaved the same (and behaved the same if I made the control one more or one less pixel wide than that).  Then I tried changing the resolution of my display.  Again, same behavior.

The same problem occurs in C# 2005.  I opened the axis UI example from NI and removed ZoomY from the InteractionMode.  Same behavior no matter what ranges I chose for the axes and no matter what data was plotted.  Whatever the Y axis scale was it always got clipped slightly at the bottom when I zoomed along X.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,165 Views)

I found out that R&D improved a lot of the zooming features in the latest versions of Measurement Studio.  If you download the eval version of MStudio (8.0.1) and run it would you get the same results?  I suggest trying this.  Here is the link: http://digital.ni.com/demo.nsf/websearch/03F34D38F24A764386256D7C007A7788?OpenDocument&node=157200_U...

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 6 of 7
(4,153 Views)
I downloaded the trial version of MS 8.0.1, and the zooming problems disappeared.  I guess this means I'll have to upgrade.

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,148 Views)