From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several waveform starting simultaneously with niHSDIO

Hello,

I am using the NI-6562 card, C# and the niHSDIO.cs file to use the NIHSDIO function in .Net.

I am using this code:

niHSDIO my_niHSDIO = InstrumentDriverInterop.Ivi.niHSDIO.InitGenerationSession("Dev1", true,false, "");

my_niHSDIO.AssignDynamicChannels("1");

my_niHSDIO.ConfigureSampleClock(InstrumentDriverInterop.Ivi.niHSDIOConstants.OnBoardClockStr, 50.0e6);

my_niHSDIO.AllocateNamedWaveform("mywfm1", 1024);

my_niHSDIO.ConfigureGenerationMode(InstrumentDriverInterop.Ivi.niHSDIOConstants.Waveform);

my_niHSDIO.WriteNamedWaveformU16("mywfm1", 1024, waveformDataU16);

my_niHSDIO.Initiate();

I want to generate different waveforms (each waveform on a different channel), send them to the card and start them simultaneously. How can I do this with the above written code?

Thanks.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,051 Views)
Hello!

You can use a digitale edge as start trigger (is you have such a digital signal you want to use to synchronize all your generation) or you can use a software start trigger to start the generations.
You can use the ConfigureDigitalEdgeStartTrigger() or the ConfigureSoftwareStartTrigger() functions to configure them.
With SendSoftwarEdgeTrigger() you can then generate the software trigger which starts the generation of your waveform.

The informations about those functions can also be founded in the help (Start->Programs->National Instruments -> NI-HSDIO -> NI Digital Waveform and Analyzer Help)

Best regards
Ken
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,018 Views)