Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScatterGraph PlotAreaClick event problem

I've come across a problem involving the PlotAreaClick event for the ScatterGraph web control.  What I've noticed in my project is that when the user clicks on a point in the graph, the PlotAreaClick event fires as many times as the user has clicked points.  For example, if you click on one point, it fires once; however, if you click on a second point, it fires twice, a third point, three times, and so on.  This only happens when running in Internet Explorer (version 7).  It looks like IE7 is archiving the screen coordinates that the user clicks on, and when you click on a second point, the event will fire with the coordinates for the first point, then again with data for the new point.

Also, in what may or may not be an unrelated matter, the AutoRefresh_Refresh event also causes the PlotAreaClick event to fire repeatedly after the user clicks on one point.  This also only occurs in IE.

This also happens regardless of whether you run your website locally or you set up on a local server (IIS in my case).

I've created a very simple AJAX-enabled website that I will include with this post.  Basically, you can click on the graph and you will see the coordinates for the nearest point at the top of the screen.  If you run the website in Visual Studio (2005 in my case) and set a breakpoint at the PlotAreaClick event, you'll see this phenomenon. 

Is there a setting in IE7 that I can change to prevent this from happening?  Or is it the way I've set up my project?  I'd appreciate any help that anyone could provide with this.

Justin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,999 Views)
Justin,

I wasn't able to compile your code directly due to missing assemblies, but I had a few questions related to this. Does this happen on non AJAX-enabled websites? The reason being, Measurement Studio is not currently compatible with AJAX. If not, do you have any other assemblies installed which would cause this to not run or are you using any other add-ons?

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,982 Views)

PlotAreaClick doesn't do that with a non-AJAX website.  I was unaware that NI didn't support AJAX.  I think I can develop a workaround though, maybe keep track of any points the user clicks on and ignore any that have already been handled.

Does NI plan on supporting AJAX in the future?

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,979 Views)
Hi Justin,

We are looking into supporting ASP.NET AJAX in the future. The only AJAX "support" we have is the AutoRefresh control which does AJAX updates to Measurement Studio controls. Check out this post.  So far we have only had 1 other request for it.   I would suggest submitting a product suggestion just so we have record of your request.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Message Edited by Jonathan N on 07-13-2007 06:01 PM

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,978 Views)