From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scatter Graph getting shifted when using Zoom Interaction Mode

Hi,

I am using Measurement Studio 8.0 with Visual C# to create a Web Application. I am using Scatter Graph cotrol and whenever I use Zoom Interaction Modes, the graphs are being displaced from their actual left and top coordinates. When I manually set in the coordiantes and use Edit Range functions, etc the label boxes are being displaced where the actual graph exists or are being hidden under it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Prathima 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,473 Views)
Good afternoon, Prathima!  Thanks for contacting National Instruments!

I was playing around with a Scatter Graph on my own machine, attempting to reproduce the issue that you were seeing.  The only behavior that I am noticing is that the plot area (that which has by default a black background) DOES appear to "shift" or "resize" - but this behavior seems to occur as a result of the addition of digits of precision to the axes labels and is expected (the graph portion has to adjust its own area in order to create room for more digits of precision as they become necessary). 

Perhaps I am improperly understanding the issue that you are having.  Would it be possible for you to post a small, isolated example of this incident along with detailed steps to reproduce so that I may appropriately gain an understanding of the trouble you're having?  A few screenshots of the behavior could also be beneficial.
Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,454 Views)

Hi Derrick,

Thank you for responding to my question.

This is the code that I am using

GraphWebInteractionModes

interactionMode1 = GraphWebInteractionModes.None;

interactionMode1 |=

GraphWebInteractionModes.ZoomAroundPoint;

sGraph1.PlotXYMultiple(frequency, chartdata1);// frequency is an array of 167 points and chartdata1 is a 2-dim array of 167 points

sGraph1.InteractionMode = interactionMode1;

I am also attaching screen shots of the behavior.

I am trying to manually set in the Top and Left positions using sGraph1.style() but my main problem is when I try to use Edit Range as the label boxes appear at a different location hidden under the graph or some other parts.

I would be glad if you could help me.

Thanks a lot.

Prathima

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,441 Views)
Hey Prathima,

You should try looking at one of our ASP.NET examples that we include with Measurement Studio.  There's a great example regarding graph interaction that I think should work for you.  When running it, I do not notice the behavior that you're seeing. 

The default directory to which they install is <MStudioVS2005>\DotNET\Examples\UI\WebForms.  If you build and run the solution file you can then navigate to the "Graph Interaction" example.  Source code is provdied.

If you can run this example successfully on your system and do not notice the same behavior, then I would recommend modelling your code after the example.  If you are able to experience the same issues with the example program, we'll have to delve further into this.  Please keep me updated!
Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,423 Views)