Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPEED : VB.net vs LabView

I have to devolop an application with just a a/d converter, to have a low voltage input elaborated inside the pc.

I need 16 bits of resolution and about 50Khz sample mode.

What I ask is : there is any speed difference (in getting the inputs and then elaborate / show them) between VB.net 2003 + Measurement studio and LabView 8 ?

after all , below VB.net there is the .net/vcl language, but under Labview ? c ? or c++ ? or .... ?

Any advice or personal experience will be very appreciated 
thank you very much
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,156 Views)

50 KHz is going to be driven by the Board clock, so the speed does not depend on the ADE you choose.

Either language can get you to the same results, it just depends on what your skills are in VB.NET or LabVIEW.

Regards,

AlessioD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,147 Views)
Dear Alessio,
thank you very much for your reply,

about Vb or LV , them are similar to mee, as I have to start to program in one of these languages (I till now have programmes in PowerBasic for DOS, so in each case it is a so big jump that .... there are really few differences)

What I would like to know is if there is any speed differences between the 2 languages,you know, one (VB) is interpreted on VCL base, the other one (LV) is a graphical language that (should) be compiled to a c/c++ like form

The only doubt I have about LV is that it is not as "general"  and not as spread like as VB.net.2003 , the big advantage is that with LV in few ticks I will have my starting application up and running

Thanks again,
have a nice day
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,145 Views)
Again,
speed for your program only depends on what you write in the code.
Writing code as text or wired icons doesn't really matter.
Since you are not experienced in either VB.NET or LV, you need to build expertise in programming with these ADEs.
You should not really care about how code is then compiled to low level instructions since the concerns you have are with HW acquisition and this is only relying on the board and the CPU/ Memory transfer that your computer offers.
If you have any specification/constraint that you are willing to meet, we can talk about it and make this discussion really productive.

Regards,
Alessio D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,130 Views)