Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error - Can not load nianlys.dll

Hi

I have developed an application using VS2005 with Measurement Studio 8.1

I have used VS2005 to publish the program which creates a setup file. I use the setup file to install the program on a deployment machine however when I run the program it gets a runtime error saying that it could not load the nianlys.dll library.

I have included the NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional dll as a prerequesite but the nianlys.dll does not seem to get picked up. How do I get around this problem so I can deploy my software to the target machine?

Cheers

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,042 Views)
Hi Adam,

The merge module for the Analysis library probably wasn't auto-detected. See steps 15 and 16 in this KB. For additional info see the Deploying Measurement Studio Windows Applications section in the Measurement Studio Help.
Test Engineer - CTA
Message 2 of 5
(4,031 Views)
Hi

Thanks for the info. Have been able to create a setup project which will pick up the dependencies correctly using this method.

It is unfortunate tho that I can't use the Publish feature within the VS2005 Application Properties.

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,023 Views)
Adam -
I have recorded your request for Click-Once support for Measurement Studio libraries.

There is a deployment convenience/performance trade-off in play here. The analysis library .NET library utilizes unmanaged code, including the Intel Math Kernel Libraries (MKL) to provide processor-optimized mathematical functions. Being unmanaged libraries, they cannot be Click-Once deployed directly. One option would be for us to provide a Measurement Studio bootstrapper installer. Your customer would need to run this bootstrapper on their machine once. You could then use Click-Once deployment for your applications that depend on the Measurement Studio libraries. Would this solution be acceptable in your scenario?

David Rohacek
National Instruments
Message 4 of 5
(4,013 Views)
Hi David

I would probably lean towards keeping the current solution of deployment in that case. Ideally I like to keep it as simple as possible for the client to install the application. What I liked about the inbuilt publish feature is that I can easily publish it to a web server which the client can access either for the initial install or for automatic upgrades.

I appreciatte your consideration though.

Cheers

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,003 Views)