Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quadrature counter/decoder DAQmx .NET C# on PCI-6133

Hi,

Can I create a linear encoder channel (CIChannel) in C# (C# on PCI-6133) 

I could not understand if I can use the 2 timer/counters that it has for that and if so how do I map the wiring?

Cheers

Maayan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,344 Views)

If you go to "All programs" from the Windows taskbar, locate the National Instruments folder and then open the DAQmx folder, you should see the DAQmx examples. There is a .NET C# example to measure angular position. It only requires a few modifications to make it usable for a linear position measurement. For example, instead of the "pulses per revolution" specification of an angular encoder, you could place the "pulses per inch".

Manfred Vargas
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,329 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for answering. I looked at that example before posting my question but I couldn't tell to which lines/port I'm suppose to connect the A, B and Z or how do I set the pin mapping to it.

I'm using PCI-6133 model and the BNC-2110 connectors box.

Cheers

Maayan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,327 Views)

I apologize. The PCI-6133 has 2 counters but it does not support encoder tasks. What you could do is count edges or use a frequency measurement task, but the tricky part would be to programmatically compare the phase of the signals coming from the encoder (which the built-in encoder task does automatically). I recommend getting a hardware that supports encoder tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,316 Views)

Thanks for answering. I thought that will be the case. I have a post processing chuck of software that deals with the other signals. I reckon I'll just acquire the encoder's signal as a regular digital signal and them translate them/the translation to the location in the post processing.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,271 Views)