Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically Creating Shared Variables with C#?

Hi all,

can i create "Programatically Creating Shared Variables  and disttribute with c#" like this
 https://owa.fzk.de/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5209

Exists examples?

Thanks
Achim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,080 Views)

You need Measurement Studio 8.1 to do this. After you installed Measurement Studio, you can find examples in the folder

...\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Examples\NetworkVariable\

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,052 Views)
Hi Achim,

I wanted to clarify a little bit about what options you had with Measurement Studio and network variables.

First off, you will need the Measurement Studio Professional Edition or higher to have Network Variable support.

Secondly, for some great information about using the Network Variable, see the Using the Measurement Studio Network Variable .NET Library help topic in the Measurement Studio Help.

To address your question, there are two different ways to create network variables which are

--- Implicitly:
Implicit variables are created dynamically on the server when you first establish a connection. The implicit variable is deleted by the server when no connections are established to it. When using implicit variables, you must specify system in the location string after the machine name.
and
--- Explicitly: Explicit variables are created manually by opening up the Variable Manager (Start » All Programs » National Instruments » Variable Manager » Variable Manager) and adding variables there. 

Hope this clarifies things! The help does a great job of explaining this as well.

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Jonathan N on 03-19-2007 10:45 AM

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,046 Views)
Hi

many thnks for the pointers of direction.

Thanks
Achim
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,038 Views)
Hi Jonathan,

i think this is no problem with your answer. But  i shhould like to explore and map the items of a Siemens-WinCC-OPC-Server  programatically with Measurement Studio and C#. This is no problem with the Variable Manage or the NI-ServerExplorer or the Siemens OPC Scout interactively. Have i a chance to do the same in my  own C# program dynamically. How can i map OPC-Items to the NI-SVE with C#? is this possible?

Thank in advance
Achim

(Sorry for my english) 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,024 Views)
Hi Achim,

Currently the network variable doesn't support programmatic creation.  Therefore the only option would be to manually create the variable and bind it to the OPC item as described in the KnowledgeBase Using OPC with the Measurement Studio Network Variable Class Library

We are always considering adding new features to the network variable especially when customers are providing us with feedback indicating they want that feature.  What I would suggest is to send me a product suggestion indicating your current application needs and what features you would like see added to the network variable. 

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,018 Views)
Hi Jonathan,

my requirement is simple to formulate. I would have gladly functionality of the"NIVariable Manager" and the "NIserver Explorer" as API in C#.

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,
Achim
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,009 Views)
Hi i have forgotten

Further urgent desires: - API's for TDM and TDMS files support....

Best Regards
Achim
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,005 Views)
Hi womisa,

Thanks for the great suggestions.  I didn't know if you might be interested, but you can sign up for our beta program at www.ni.com/beta. This way whenever we release a product in beta, you can test out the new features and give us some feedback.  Anyway, just thougt you might like to know.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,002 Views)