Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure imported by DAQmx.DLL could not be loaded.

When I deploy my program onto a production computer, I'm receiving an exception error "A Procedure imported by NationalInstruments.DAQmx.DLL could not be loaded." Works OK on my development computer so I assume I'm missing a needed DLL file. I created a deployment project to create an installer so I'm not sure were to go from here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

Message 1 of 5
(8,861 Views)

Hi Alan,

Since your application is using DAQmx, you will need to install the DAQmx driver onto your target computer. This will have all the appropriate DLLs you will need to run your application. Download the latest version of DAQmx (currently 8.1) here

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,852 Views)

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the DAQmx driver (came with the USB 6008 device) installed on the production computer. I can run MAX and the device is working OK and reading input signals. However I discovered the version loaded on my development computer is 8.1.0 whereas on the production computer is 8.0.1. I may have a version conflict problem so I'll download and install the newer software driver for my production computer as you suggest.

I'll report back my findings.

Thanks much,
Alan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,849 Views)
Hi Jonathan.

Bingo, that took care of the problem. I uninstalled DAQmx version 8.0 from the production computer and installed the later version 8.1. Now the program is working correctly and loading the task procedures.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Alan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,831 Views)
Thanks to everyone in this thread.... I had the very same problem and upgrading from 8.0.1 to 8.1 fixed my problem!  I love it when these forums already have the answer to your problems.... saves alot of time!  Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,424 Views)