Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Read: NI Discussion Forums Maintenance

Hello Everyone,

In my discussions with Lithium (our forum vendor) regarding performance, they have suggested one-time maintenance on the forums that could help with our community's performance. 

The maintenance is to "trim" subscriptions and floats (floated threads and boards) for all users in the community.  This means that if you added a message subscription or floated a thread more than 3 months ago, we would remove the subscription and/or float for you.  In long-standing communities like ours, users can build up many subscriptions and floats that can affect the performance of the entire community. 

In order to keep the floats and subscriptions that are important to you, you just need to unfloat and re-float the thread, or remove and add the message to your subscriptions again because they will then be newer than 3 months.

I must stress that there is no guarantee that this will have a noticeable benefit for performance, but Lithium has recommended that we try this because it has helped other communities in the past. 

I would like to perform this maintenance as soon as possible, but I recognize that it is the holiday season and we must give people adequate notice to take any action they find necessary.  Therefore, we will do this maintenance the week of January 7th, specifically either Tuesday January 8th or Thursday January 10th.  I will post the specific day after the new year.

Please post any questions or concerns you have to this thread on the Feedback board.

Regards,
Laura
Web Support & Operations
National Instruments
Message 1 of 1
(2,757 Views)