Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCMCIA DAQCard intermittently causes laptop to lockup on startup.

The 6036E PCMCIA DAQCard causes the Panasonic Toughbook laptop to lock up at startup. I don’t have access to the equipment at the time of this writing so I don’t have the exact model or version numbers. However, the Panasonic Toughbook is the latest model as of this writing, DAQmx is the version shipped with LabVIEW 8, and the laptop is running Windows XP-PRO.

Scenario:

After tuning on the laptop a screen pops up with my username, network domain, and a box with a blinking cursor to type in my password to log on to the LAN at work through my wireless connection. The laptop doesn't lock-up every time, just now and than. An indication that the laptop has locked up is the blinking cursor in the password entry box will stop blinking and the hour glass that is normally displayed next to the cursor for only a few seconds and than disappears, will stay visible. The laptop can also take quite some time to respond to the laptop off button when trying to shut down. The laptop off button is the only thing the system will respond to when it is locked up.

Removing the 6036E DAQCard causes the system to continue to respond normally. The hour glass next to the cursor disappears and the blinking cursor returns in the password entry box. After entering my password and than re-inserting the 6036E DAQCard, the system continues to respond normally.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,731 Views)
Had you used this card before?  Was it working properly then?  When you do use the card now, do you notice any other problems?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,716 Views)