From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6133 Problem

I have card PCI-6133. If it is possible to use ActiveX control (AI,AO) to this card.

Regards
Zgut

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,254 Views)
Zgut,

Is there any reason why you need ActiveX control? DAQmx drivers have support for most major development languages including .net.

Abhinav T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,234 Views)
Hi
There is a reason, because early I was using aquasition card PCI-6110. I have created software so I thing that make use of this application.
I was in contact with support and they said that Measurement Studio don't operate DAQmx drivers.

Regards
Zbigniew Gut

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,228 Views)

The Measurement Studio DAQ ActiveX controls do not work with DAQmx.

However, there are fully featured .NET and C++/MFC class libraries that you can use to program DAQmx devices. The .NET library is available directly with the library and does not require the purchase of Measurement Studio. If you require VB6 support, there is a type library that ships with the driver that helps you use the DAQmx C API in VB6.

The Measurement Studio product adds value on top of the driver, by way of the DAQmx Assistant, which is a tool that integrates into Visual Studio as a designer. You can interactively configure your DAQmx tasks and channels in the Assistant and it will automatically generate the C#, VB.NET, or C++ code you would otherwise have to code manually to create and configure your tasks and channels.

Furthermore, Measurement Studio includes tools that generate example code that show you how to read from or write to your tasks and how to display the data on a user interface. In Measurement Studio 8.0.1, we made substantial improvements to this mechanism for C# and VB.NET in Visual Studio 2005.

Message 4 of 4
(3,223 Views)