cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie - Waveform Graph Axis Scaling Question

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All

I am new to measurement studio (v8.0 with C# 2005 .Net) so sorry if this question has been answered 10 times over, please feel free to point me to a previous thread.

I have an application with:

analogue voltage reader sampling at 10 Hz reading 1 sample per tick.

waveform graph with standard X and Y axis and a plot as a collection of double.

So far this is pretty simple stuff and I can get all this working from the example code.

My problem is that I wish for my X axis to read between 0 and 1800S with major divisions of 100 and minor divisions = 50. I wish for my actual graph though to contain 10 points per increment so this would mean that there would be 500 points between each minor division.

I have looked down through the properties of the Axis and I can not quite find the properties that I need to set.

Can anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,562 Views)

Hello Steve,

I think the properties you are looking for are located within the xAxis Collection Editor. This can be found in the Properties window when left clicking your Waveform Graph.

You can change the overall range from within Behavior >> Range >> Then setting the Minimum and Maximum values to 0 and 1800 in your case.

To edit the division size navigate to Divisions >> Major/Minor Divisions >> Interval.

Any further related questions please let me know. 

Jamie

Jamie Jones
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,547 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StevePinfold

Hi Jamie.

Thanks for the reply. I spent all of yesterday updating my system to measurement studio 2012 + Dev Studio 2010.

I have set these settings, looking closer at my data I have a problem with my analog voltage data acquisition so I will search through for my solution and start a new thread as I am getting 3 times as much data as I need, hence this is causing my graph to go wrong.

Thanks again.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,538 Views)

Hi Steve,

Ok I see. In the interests of other users could you please mark the previous post as a solution to the original issue? Feel free to post the link of your new thread when created and I will do my best to help.

Regards,

Jamie Jones
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,534 Views)

Hi Sir :

I use measurement studio 2008 and C# 2005 express for my project.

I set the reange of Axis to 0~200000 and I hope each interval is 10000.

I follow your suggestion to change interval of Axis, but it does not work.

Could you show me how to do that?

Best regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,664 Views)