From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NationalInstruments.VisaNS dll reference flow issue

I've just installed the latest drivers for .net 4.5. In one of my projects i have a reference to NationalInstruments.VisaNS, Version=13.0.45.167. It appears that from here, another reference to NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.168 is needed. I can't find that .dll file but something else redirects me to NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.190. I think the policy found in GAC is doing that. But I really don't understand how it can search this only in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2012\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Common.dll. I ask this because really don't want to install all the NI suit just to reference one of the .dlls. In fact, that Common Version 13.0.40.190 exists in the references of my application and this seems to be of no help. I also have this in GAC, again, of no use. It goes directly to Program files .Any ideas regarding this please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,176 Views)
You've posted to the wrong board. This board is for converting between different versions of LabVIEW. Repost or click on Options and request the moderator to move this to the Measurement Studio board.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,159 Views)

@unstable wrote:

I've just installed the latest drivers for .net 4.5. In one of my projects i have a reference to NationalInstruments.VisaNS, Version=13.0.45.167. It appears that from here, another reference to NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.168 is needed. I can't find that .dll file but something else redirects me to NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.190. I think the policy found in GAC is doing that. But I really don't understand how it can search this only in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2012\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.Common.dll. I ask this because really don't want to install all the NI suit just to reference one of the .dlls. In fact, that Common Version 13.0.40.190 exists in the references of my application and this seems to be of no help. I also have this in GAC, again, of no use. It goes directly to Program files .Any ideas regarding this please?

I have no clue what you mean by all the NI suit [sic].

Simply install NI-488.2 and NI-VISA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,125 Views)

I have encountered the same issue.  I reference "NationalInstruments.Common" and "NationalInstruments.NI4882" in my application.  When I run the application, There is a runtime error stating that "NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.168 can not be found".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,958 Views)