From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NationalInstruments.Common

HI,

I AM USING VISUAL STUDIO 2005, AND USING ni daq DRIVERS version 8.9.

when i try to build my project i get following error.

Error    1    The type 'NationalInstruments.ISynchronizeCallbacks' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=8.6.35.131, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a'.    C:\Test_proj_nagraj\PowerTools\DaqInterface\DaqDeviceInterface.cs    200    22    DaqInterface

i want to make sure that my tool works with the nationalinstruments.common version=8.6.20.131. currently my project points to this dll.

is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,966 Views)

If you are using Visual Studio 2005 with the .NET 2.0 Framework, make sure that all of the National Instrument assemblies referenced in your project are for 2.0. You can tell what version of the .NET Framework NI assemblies are for by looking at the third number in the version number (ex: 8.6.35.131 is for .NET 3.5).

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,956 Views)

currently all my dll refereneces are pointing to the 2.0 version only. but still it gives me the above error.

before few days i had installed few 3.5 version dll files. but now i have removed them.

could there be any other problem?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,954 Views)

hey,

problem is solved.

my nationalinstruments.Daqmx.dll was pointing to higher version as opposed to others. changed it to point to 8.6.20.131 and things are working now.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,945 Views)

Hello everyone,

I have similar problem as you, when trying to build program Cicero word generator in VS2010. There error occurs:

C:\Documents and Settings\Krystian\Moje dokumenty\D_LIS_labview\STanik\Cicero-Word-GeneratorV2\AtticusServer\ServerRuntime\RS232Task.cs(49,16): error CS0012: The type 'NationalInstruments.ISynchronizeCallbacks' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=9.0.35.362, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a'.

I tried to change NationalInstrumments.Common Properties/Specific version to False, but error remains.  I am new to .NET , do you think that adding something to the app.config file could help ?

I had similar problem with  SimpleReadWrite from  .NET4.0 NI-Visa examples, but changing "NationalInstrumments.Common"  "Properties"/"Specific version" to False solved problem.

Could You tell me what should i try - what component of my system i should reinstall ?

In attachments there are printscreens of my configuration.

Best regards,

Krzysiek

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,660 Views)

This is a common error if you are using the .NET 4.0 Client Profile. Measurement Studio only supports the full .NET 4.0 version. In the project properties, change the Target Framework to ".NET Framework 4".

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,654 Views)

Hi all,

I have NIDAQmx version 9.7.5 installed, and I am trying to use an ATEasy project that uses NationalInstruments.Common assembly. It constantly retrieves me the error:

Run-time error #420 : 'Object method or property 'Init' failed: Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=8.5.35.149, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.' found in 'Ni_Generic.InitAnalog' in line 26.

What to do?

Please help me!

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,085 Views)

Hi Alex, 

It will probably be more beneficial to you if you post the error you are experiencing to a new forum post. Your question will then have much higher visibility, thus generating more responses.

Thank you!

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,056 Views)