Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional.dll references a NationalInstruments.Common.dll version which is not available

NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional.dll Version 13.0.40.242 references NationalInstruments.common.dll Version 13.0.40.188. But for other libraries (NationalInstruments.UI Version 13.0.40.242 and NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms Version 13.0.40.242) I need NationalInstruments.common.dll Version 13.0.40.190.

How can I use WindowsForms and Analysis.Professional without errors in referenced dlls?

Thanks for your help,

Rainer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,722 Views)

This isn't really an answer, I just want to let you know that we all share your pain.

This is one of the biggest PITA with Measurement Studio.  They have the common.dll that is used across products and the versions don't match the rest of the files.  I once installed a newer version of the NI device drivers and it busted my entire Measurement Studio Installation.  It's nice that they try to minimize the file distribution size by sharing files except that it rarely works without breaking something.  I've even had a situation where I installed an update and different components of Measurement Studio were looking for a different common.dll in the same project...... go figure.

If anyone can explain to me why the Device Driver DVD is larger than the Windows OS and takes 5 times as long to install that would be interesting as well!  It's a major pain installing, so much so, that I would use any other vendors hardware when it's an option on a job.  It's interesting that the MHDK is only a few MB.  I think they should go back to the drawing board and fix up the mess they've created.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,716 Views)

Hi Rainer,

The NI Software often reference to the newest software you've installed on your computer. Could you be a bit more precize and explain which NI Software you have?

Marc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,703 Views)

The issue seems to be solved.

I tested many combinations of the dlls and found part of them in Visual Studio 2010 and some in Visual Studio 2012 folder of Measurement Studio.

I created the project  two years ago with VS2008 and 2010, and now i compiled it with vs 2012 using .net 4.0. Thats why some files are located in different folders. Now  I realized, that NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional.dll from VS2010 folder uses NationalInstruments.Common.Dll from vs2012 folder, but in vs2010 folder you find a newer version! Its terrible, but it is now solved. Wasted a lot of time 😞

Thanks for your answers

Rainer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,688 Views)