From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Instrument I/O Assistant 14 installation does not support Measurement Studio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I want to create an NI VISA Windows Application using Visual C# but I cannot find this template from New Project dialog.

I also have read this post (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/Can-t-find-Microsoft-templates-for-Measurement-St...) but it seems that it is not my problem.

When I tried to reinstall NI Instrument I/O Assistant, I found that it does not provide support for Measurement Studio.

I have installed MS Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, Measurement Studio Enterprise 2013, NI-VISA 5.4, NI-488.2 3.1.1, NI Device Driver Aug 2014 by this order. My OS is Windows 7 32bit Professional.

What should I do now?

Thanks
Thang

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thangvq

Hello thangvq,

I was taking a look at the Release Notes for Measurement Studio 2013, and it looks like the NI Instrument I/O Assistant is not supported in versions of Visual Studio later than 2010.  Take a look at the Driver Support section on page 5 for more information.

Myriam

Message 2 of 8
(6,016 Views)

Hello Myriam,

I have just installed Visual Studio 2010 and it works. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Thang

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,993 Views)

I just ran into the same problem trying to convert some Measurement Studio-based projects developed with Visual Studio 2010.

I am an University educator and until today I used Visual Studio and Measurement Studio in many of my courses to teach programmable instrumentation concepts to my students; the fact that the Instrument IO Assistant is now not supported in Visual Studio 2012 (and probably also in later and future versions), will force me to abandon its use.

In my opinion National Instruments should be more careful about the life cycle of its software/hardware products!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,064 Views)
In my opinion, you are better off without the assistant. It just creates bloated code and hides the actual concepts of instrument communication.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,061 Views)

Of course, I agree with you... but the assistant was helpful in the introductory phase of the courses, when I teach the basics of programmable instrumentation to students that do not have (almost) any knowledge of C#/VB .NET

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,058 Views)
You might want to post to the idea exchange and request that it is brought back.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,050 Views)

Thanks for the tip... I will try this way but without any particular expectations.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,036 Views)