From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx Version 8.3 for Windows 2000/XP setup.exe not found

Hello,

I am trying to install version 8.3 for Windows XP, but the setup.exe file is not found in the "NIDAQ830" folder.  I have tried the download twice with the same results.  Would I be able to download that setup.exe file anywhere?  Please advise.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,843 Views)
Hi mtonsager-

You need to traverse two levels into the unzipped folder to find the setup.exe.  Which unzip utility are you using?  I just downloaded NI-DAQmx 8.3 from this location, unzipped, and found setup.exe in /Nidaq830/NIDAQ830.

If you are unable to successfully download for some reason please contact our applications engineers and someone there can send you a hard copy on CD.

Hopefully this helps-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,832 Views)

Thanks for the reply Tom.  I am using ZipGenius and it seemed to Open/Extract the files fine.  Then I tried Windows zip utility and it gives me an error when I try to open the zip file.  The error says "The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted."  I will try downloading the zip file one more time, but it will take a while to download.  Are you using WinZip?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,830 Views)

Hi mtonsager-

Yes, I forgot to mention that I am using WinZip.  Please keep us posted on how things work out.  I personally created the .zip file using the Windows utility and then unzipped it using WinZip, so either of those should work.  I am not familiar with ZipGenius and have not tested it on the .zip file.  If you're unable to unzip please take me up on my offer to send the CD- it's uncommon but not impossible that something is being corrupted during the download process.  If you do contact NI support ask them to let me know and I'll make sure we get one out to you.

Thanks-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,827 Views)

This looks like a problem in the download process.  I have tried downloading it 3 times and each time I get a different size file and they are all smaller than 575MB.  I did try to open all three with WinZip and get this error "End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file."  I would like to try the CD route.  Should I "Request Support" and choose the "Email NI" option?

Thanks Tom!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,817 Views)

Hi mtonsager-

Absolutely- please email support and reference this thread.  We'll get a CD headed your way.  Sorry for the inconvenience!Smiley Happy

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,811 Views)