Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQ installation is intolerably slow - what is the MINIMUM that we need to bundle with our app?

Thank you Neil.

Any runtime 4 version above 8.5 should do. I could not find any on the web site. Could you post the links please?

As for Traditional DAQ 7.5, I got very little help from the support team. My application crashes depending on where it is located on the hard drive. I also get similar crashes on XP with this 7.5 version, so to me it seems quite unreliable. Anybody with the same problems?.....or a solution?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(2,839 Views)

Could you provide a NI-DAQmx 8.8 Runtime 5?  I'm looking for the version that supports the VS 2008 C#.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(2,769 Views)

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I am using USB6210 with VB6 for an application to be used on a production line on multiple PC's and there is no way i can install a 200mb software on each PC. Is it possible to just get an .exe file which will install the necessary drivers for VB6 on a PC. I am hoping that the file size is around 1mb~2mb.

Thanks,

Bedi

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(2,349 Views)

NI solves the problem by stating that there is no problem and telling their customers that they are wrong and "noone else is complaining".

THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE BUSY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING!!!!

Seriously, who has a ton of hardware installed in one machine? I bet that 99.9 % of all your customers have 1 product installed and they sure want a light driver for it.

I could create my own package if i knew what files are involved running my USB-6009. I tried to move all files that gave "File:missing" error messages but gave up when the target PC hang. 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(2,162 Views)

Setup for DAQmx 9.0.2 is now about 1.5GB. I only wanted to distribute an small app for the USB-9215.

Should I install a minimum of 1.3GB on my customers machine. NI can't be serious about that?

PLEASE do a small setup to install only the driver for the hardware I'm using...

Just saw that there's a NI-DAQmx 9.0.2 Core Runtime, which is 'only' 140MB in size...

Thanks, Frank

Message Edited by NET_Freak on 11-10-2009 10:13 AM
Message 25 of 26
(2,103 Views)

10 years later...S.S.D.Decade

The 'runtime' version is a lite 230MB for a 'driver'; I'll take that over the1.4GM on the DaqMX.

Then there are all the crap services from MX that make the computer take 4 minutes to boot.

This is why I stopped buying NI, but today, for one customer, I have no choice. 

...and I have NI installation rage again.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(546 Views)