Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My application doesn't run with DAQmx.dll 14.1.45.13

Hi,

I developed an application (with C# and .net framework 4.5.1) able to acquire voltages from a card PCI-MIO-16E-4.

I created also the setup according this method :http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/764B727C9BD2C4C686257C970053D059

I use the DAQmx driver version 14

and this DLL: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2012\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll

the version of the DLL is 9.9.45.39

My application run well on my development computer. I succeed to deploy it on another computer where the same driver and DLL are already installed. It is ok.

My problem is on another computer where a new version of the driver is installed: DAQmx driver version 14.1 and DLL version 14.1.45.13.

When I run my application nothing appens, not event a error message!

I guess the problem come fromm the DLL, because in my project I made a reference to the DLL 9.9.45.39.

What I have to write in the code of my application, to be able to run it with all the new versions of the DLL or the driver?

Or at least, how can I install the DLL 9.9.45.39?

Thanks for you help.

Sélim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,997 Views)

@Sélim wrote:

Hi,

I developed an application (with C# and .net framework 4.5.1) able to acquire voltages from a card PCI-MIO-16E-4.

I created also the setup according this method :http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/764B727C9BD2C4C686257C970053D059

I use the DAQmx driver version 14

and this DLL: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2012\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\NationalInstruments.DAQmx.dll

the version of the DLL is 9.9.45.39

My application run well on my development computer. I succeed to deploy it on another computer where the same driver and DLL are already installed. It is ok.

My problem is on another computer where a new version of the driver is installed: DAQmx driver version 14.1 and DLL version 14.1.45.13.

When I run my application nothing appens, not event a error message!

I guess the problem come fromm the DLL, because in my project I made a reference to the DLL 9.9.45.39.

What I have to write in the code of my application, to be able to run it with all the new versions of the DLL or the driver?

Or at least, how can I install the DLL 9.9.45.39?

Thanks for you help.

Sélim

You say you have DAQmx 14.1 installed, yet your code is referencing an older driver DAQmx 9.9

Make up your mind which one you want to use.

If you want to use the older driver, then just install the older driver.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,992 Views)

I work with the driver DAQmx 14, the DLL 9.9.45.39 is included in the driver installation.

Is there a way to run my application for both dll 9.9.45.36 and newer versions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,989 Views)

@Sélim wrote:

I work with the driver DAQmx 14, the DLL 9.9.45.39 is included in the driver installation.

I have DAQmx 9.9 only installed, and its DLL version 9.9.45.39

I don't understand how you can have DAQmx 14 installed and not have a newer DLL version.

@Sélim wrote:

Is there a way to run my application for both dll 9.9.45.36 and newer versions?

Maybe. I haven't tried it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,985 Views)

Hi,

If I want that my application can run in any computer, can I include the right DAQmx dll in the setup? How can I do that in my WIX project?

Thanks,

Sélim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,932 Views)