From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.188'

Hi,

I am using WiX all libraries deployment example. Everything is OK in the PC where I build the solution. BUT when I install the setup package into another PC, there is an error which is listed in the end of this message. Please note that I have all references to 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.190' and that also works so in the development computer.

I attached the whole solution into this message and a memory dump file from the problem computer.

This is now coming a big problem if it cannot be solved.. Where I can get help?

BR,
Ilkka

System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled
  HResult=-2146234304
  Message=Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.188, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dc6ad606294fc298'
  or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
  Source=ExampleApplication
  FileName=NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.188, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dc6ad606294fc298
  FusionLog=WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

StackTrace:
       at NationalInstruments.Examples.ExampleApplication.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
       at NationalInstruments.Examples.ExampleApplication.MainForm..ctor()
       at NationalInstruments.Examples.ExampleApplication.Program.Main()
  InnerException:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(12,513 Views)

HI Yltsä,

how do you deploy your application to another system?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(12,493 Views)

Hi Frank,

I run the Setup.msi which is the output of the example project.

BR,
Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(12,490 Views)

Hi Yltsä,

did you make sure to include that the assembly is included in the setup process?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(12,487 Views)

Yes.. the WiX setup example will include  'NationalInstruments.Common, Version=13.0.40.190'. The problem is that in the another PC the program is asking ver. 13.0.40.188 library which is not referenced in the project at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(12,481 Views)

Dear people,

I made an installation into two new fresh PC.

The NI WiX example works OK in a PC which contains DaqMX 9.7.5 (Config). But in the PC without DAQmx the problem is the missing 188.

Please note that there is no 188 in the both PCs.  Only the 190..

There must be some NI component which makes my problem.. And that component is updated my the DAQmx..

BR,

Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(12,476 Views)

I am having the same issue here. I assume version 13.0.40.188 is a dependent dll, because my referenced version is 13.0.40.190 and the deployed version is the same thing, so I don't see where the mixup could be.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(11,998 Views)

Hi Nathanreyes,

Yes.. I received help from NI customer support and wrote it also into another thread in this forum. Here is the solution which helped me:

Dear Mr XXX.,

after  a while I got some news from the product  support engineer (PSE)
Even the assembly with version 188 isn't referenced. LabVIEW tries to load this one.
I quote his response:

I have tracked this issue down to an assembly loading error.  It appears Windows tries to use NationalInstruments.Common 13.0.40.188, doesn't find it, finds NationalInstruments.Common 13.0.40.190, and finally fails to load it.  I have confirmed that installing NationalInstruments.Common 13.0.40.190 to the GAC fixes this issue.  So, for the time being, we have the ability to run the deployed application.  However, we (R&D) need to do more investigation to figure out why the policy/configuration file combination is not successfully redirecting in this case.

If your customers are not opposed to installing assemblies to their GAC, they can actually modify the merge module .wxs files included in the All Libraries WiX examples.  To do this, you can follow the instructions in the comments at the top of each merge module's .wxs file.

The error the customer is receiving is referring to the NationalInstruments.Common assembly. To resolve this issue, we can have the setup project install the 13.0.40.190 assembly to the GAC. We will do this by editing the Common.wxs file.

You'll notice the comment above these WiX elements, <!-- Remove the ConfigurationData lines that do not have Value="$(var.RetargetableDir)" to install to the GAC.-->, which instructs you to remove <ConfigurationData /> elements to perform a GAC install.  If you follow this instruction, you will end up with the following set of WiX elements:

<?if $(var.Platform) = "x86"?>
      <Merge Id="MStudioCommon40" Language="1033" SourceFile="$(var.MergeModulesDir)\MStudioCommon.2010.msm">
        <ConfigurationData Name="_E1D16D911EAA4508BEFA56CB5FD44D63.039160C5A7A24C49AD122694436A47BB" Value="$(var.RetargetableDir)" />
      </Merge >
<?endif?>

Kind regards,
XXX

Message 8 of 9
(11,995 Views)

Thanks.

I'll give this a shot.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(11,988 Views)