From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter ScaleArc Changes itself

When using VS 2005 with VC++ if you put a Meter on a Windows form and change ScaleArc property to 180,-180 which gives you the upper half of the meter save it and close, then reopen the form the ScaleArc property is changed to 180,180 even though in the code it still says 180,-180.  This is very very annoying since anytime you want to make a change you have to rechange those properties or else they will be overwritten with 180,180.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,191 Views)
Hello

I have filed a report for futher investigation. It seems that the code is generated correctly and the runtime behavior is also correct, unless ofcourse you change the control in anyway, which would regerate the code-behind.

This seems to be isolated to the C++ .NET designer surface.

If I find anything else, I will let you know. But for now, I would recommend that you set this particular property in the form load event to ensure that it behaves correctly at runtime.

Sorry for the inconvienience.

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,177 Views)
We isolated it to a VS 2005 bug.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=168241

The more votes it gets, the more likely Microsoft will fix it sooner.

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,156 Views)
Hello

I wanted to let you know that Microsoft has fixed this bug for VS2005 SP1. See the link I attached previously.

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,979 Views)