Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurment Studio 2015 Installer Builder not packaging Analysis.Professional DLL

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

My application uses the MS Anaylsis package which I want included in the Installer Builder installation setup. I have checked the "NI Measurement Studio Anaylysis .NET language runtime 2015 for .NET 4.5" in the NI Driver Section.

After running the installing on a clean build Win8-64 machine my application generates a "could not find assembly error" for "NationalInstruments.Anaylsis.Professional, Version 13.0.45.242".

Close examination of all available libraries does not suggest there is a more appropriate library to include in the build. My installation builder is for a mixed environment but my application is built as x64.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks, Frank.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,580 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frank334

Hi, Frank

On your deployed machine, can you check the following directory and take a screenshot?

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional

It is possible this is happening because your application was built against the 13.0.45.242 version of NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional, but the NI Measurement Studio Analysis .NET Language Runtime installer intalls the 15.0.45.49153 version. If that is the case, you can do one of two things:

• (Recommended) Rebuild your application against the 2015 versions of the Measurement Studio .NET assemblies before re-deploying using the 2015 runtime installers.
  • Create an application configuration file which redirects NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional 13.0.45.xxxx to 15.0.45.49153.
Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frank334

Hi Daniel

Thanks for that - I saw the v13 while I was typing and wondered about that!

Anyway, I had rebuild my solution many times since upgrading to MS2015. It appears what I needed to do was select: "Measurement Studio\Update Measurement Studio Project References" (tricks for young players as I presumed upgrading to 2015 would automatically use the new libraries). With all the NI references updated the Installer Builder packages the correct versions and all works well now.

Thank you

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,508 Views)