Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio with TFS Build Server

Hello,

I searched for both a FAQ and specific answers, so I hope I'm asking my question in the correct place.

I am using the Enterprise version of Measurement Studio, and want to start a continuous build process using Team Foundation Server.  Adding the NI DLLs to my repository and setting the references isn't sufficient.  I get the following error:

(CompileLicxFiles target) ->

Properties\licenses.licx(4): error LC0004: Exception occurred creating type 'NationalInstruments.Restricted.AnalysisLicenser, NationalInstruments.Analysis.Enterprise, Version=9.0.35.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a' System.DllNotFoundException: The NI License Manager client DLL was not found. Reinstall NI License Manager.

Hence my question:  Is there a best practice or documented method to configure Measurement Studio to compile with the TFS Build Server?

Thank you,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,999 Views)

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I've been unable to find any documentation specific to using Measurement Studio with Team Foundation Server.  However, have you tried doing as the error message suggests and reinstalling the NI License Manager?  It's possible some of the DLLs associated with the License Manager are corrupt or missing.

Thanks,

Myriam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,982 Views)

Hi Myriam,

I have not yet pursued that path.  I was hoping that I wouldn't need to install the license manager on our TFS build server.  To date we haven't needed to do so for any of our third party tools.  But, it looks as though that may be my only option in the absence of an alternative.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,927 Views)

Were you able to figure this out?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,019 Views)

i recently began using jenkins as a build system (we develop not only in c# but also java, python and php for websites) and installed the full measurement studio on the buildserver. the only problem that occured after that was, that LC.exe sometimes stops working, so i wrote a 10 line autoit script to automatically close that window and now everything works as expected.

maybe you should try to install measurement studio on your buildserver?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,010 Views)

After much research, you HAVE to have the software installed to make the libraries work.  Because of this, we've decided as a company to remove all NI products from our own product. Massive loss by NI by forcing us to install their software when all we needed were 7MB of their DLLs to communicate with their products.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,000 Views)

It's too bad you had to drop it.  IIRC, we wound up installing on the server too.  Not an ideal solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,995 Views)