From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio NumericEdi​t Control is Not Working

I installed Measurement Studio 2013 with Visual Studio 2012 Professional yesterday and imported my previously developed projects on (VS 2010 Express). Web controls and C# coding working fine.
I started Measurement studio chapter 2 first exercise to add control WaveformGraph, Gauge and Legend on my page and working but when add NemericEdit control then it gives me JavaScript critical error …….. SCRIPT1014 Invalid character. I am using window 7 and IE11 cleared cache already.
Please help.

Best regards

Bashir.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,215 Views)

If you can recreate this behavior with a simple ASP.NET website, please post it.

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,161 Views)

Hi Bashir,

I was able to reproduce this issue in IE11. Please note, Measurement Studio 2013 supports IE6 - IE10, so we have not tested the Measurement Studio 2013 ASP.NET controls with IE11. However, what you are seeing appears to be a result of IE11 dropping support for conditional compilation for javascript (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/121hztk3(v=vs.94).aspx). Because of this, when the Visual Studio debugger is attached to your ASP.NET website, you see an unexpected character exception.

Please note that the documentation for Web Browser Compatibility with Measurement Studio Web Forms Controls says that IE9 and 10 are only fully supported in compatibility mode. I took the liberty of testing IE11 in compatibility mode, and the Visual Studio debugger message stopped appearing. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(4,133 Views)