Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio C#.NET for WinCE devices?

I own Measurement Studio 8.1 and routinely use the NI components (Analysis and Graphical) in all of my desktop applications (C# .NET).  They are extremely well built and have about 90% of the functionality I could ever want...but...

I have recently started to use Win CE devices.  I would like to continue to use all of the NI components for my WinCe applications (like I say they work great and everything I do needs some part of them).  I can't help but notice my design time components are gone and I am unable to add NI references to my project as they aren't in the list (C#.NET winCE project).

What's going on?  I found vague references to Win CE in the description of Measurement Studio on the website (in the FAQ pages).  But like I say vague.

Can anyone tell me definitively if any of the Measurement Studio stuff will work in a project for WinCE 5.0?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,176 Views)
Hi holdfast,

Currently, Measurement Studio does not support the .NET Compact Framework which is used for developing Windows CE applications.  At this time, we have not received enough interest in this area to justify us creating .NET Compact Framework Measurement Studio libraries. 

What I would recommend is submitting a product suggestion informing us of your application and its needs. Let us know what controls, libraries, etc you would like to see implemented. 

Also, check out this post which also addresses this issue along with a ASP.NET suggestion.

Hope this clears things up.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,153 Views)