Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio 8.1 Error NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.Knob is unlicensed.

Hello,
I'm using evaluation version of Measurement Studio 8.1. When try to run some exe after successfully compilation I get some errors. Then I tried to debug exe file and got this

Additional information: NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.Knob is unlicensed.

There is licenses.licx in my project directory, and I tried to move this file into C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\8.1.20.256\

then into C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\Current\

and into C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\DotNET\Assemblies\8.1.20.165\

but no results, error again

I'm using Visual Studio NET 2005 version, other CS projects works without problems.

Plaease help

Message Edited by zilotzilot on 03-24-2007 05:49 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,505 Views)
A couple of questions:

1. Do you have .lic files in the c:\program files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2005\Dotnet\Assemblies folder like WindowsForms.lic etc?
  2. Do you get unlicensed errors if you use the Measurement Studio .NET new project wizards?
  3. Do the examples work?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,482 Views)

Yes you are right

this is due to unlicensed behavior. I reinstalled aplication, and after that everything was ok.

One more question

With C++ projects, I cant see manu issues in ActiveX panel, for example I cant see temperature, tank etc.... Just 5 or 6 of them are visible

while in C# I can see all of them? Why is that, is CWUI.OCX made in that manner, so it hide (or doesnt implement) other controls. But in examples they are present on main dialog of some project, like project about temperature masurement there is temperature gauge, and I can copy that control into my new project, but that is not handsome (to open existing example project, and to copy-paste into my new).

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,480 Views)

Hi zilotzilot,

I think you might be getting a little confused between our C++ and NET user interface controls.  When you create a .NET Windows Forms Application (C# or VB.NET), you are working under the .NET framework and thus you will be using our .NET Libraries and user interface controls (i.e. WaveformGraph, ScatterGraph, Gauge, Knob, Thermometer, etc;  see attached .NET Toolbox.jpg).  

When you create an MFC C++ application, you are using the Measurement Studio ActiveX controls like
CWGraph3D, CWSlide, CWKnob, etc (see attached C++ Toolbox.jpg).

So, those two sets of controls (.NET and ActiveX) are totally independent of one another. When you are working under .NET, you will have access to the .NET controls. When you are working in MFC C++, you will see the ActiveX controls

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,466 Views)

Thank you very much, thats exactly what I see in VC++ and . NET projects

But tell me then, how did you implement Thermometer, Slide, Tank and other controls in VC++ example projects. They are present there. And I can copy that controls from example projects to my new VC++ project, but can not take them out from VC++ activeX pallete because they are shadowed, actually I see just what you attached.

Thank you veru much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,458 Views)

Hi zilotzilot,

It’s actually quite easy to manipulate those ActiveX controls. For example, drag a
CWSlide control on your form. Then in the Properties Window, click the Property Pages icon (see attached Properties Windows.jpg snapshot). This will open up a dialog window with editable properties such as Style, Numeric, Pointer, Ticks, Value Pairs, etc. Notice for example in the Style properties, you can use have a 3D Thermometer style. 

You can go to the Property Pages for each ActiveX control (CWSlide, CWGraph, CWButton, etc) and configure them however you like.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,451 Views)

Oh silly me. Now I see

Thank you for whole your efforts. Have a nice day

regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7