Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Studio 2015 Missing Assembly Reference for "NumericControlCommands"

Solved!
Go to solution

I just migrated my VS2013 project from Measurement Studio 2012 to Measurement Studio 2015 and udpated all the references.  I am getting the following error in my XAML

Type reference cannot find type named '{http://schemas.ni.com/controls/2009/xaml/presentation/primitives}NumericControlCommands'.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,789 Views)

I have confirmed that the NumericControlCommands class is indeed missing from the NationInstruments.Controls.Numerics.dll for version 15.0.45.3898.  It can be found on older versions (e.g. 13.0.45.242) under the NationalInstruments.Controls.Primitives.

My MVVM project is currently broken because I need to bind to the  DecrementCommand and IncrementCommand methods in this class.  Has this class been moved to another assembly?  Is there some other means to achieve increment and decrement bindings  using another class?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,754 Views)

Hello,

The DecrementCommand Property still does exeist, but in the ControlCommands Class instead of the NumericControlCommands Class in Measurement Studio 2015. Does that work with your code?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,744 Views)

I have updated all my xaml view code to refer to the "ControlCommands.DecrementCommand" and "ControlCommands.IncrementCommand", however I am receiving a new exception.  These commands were linked to the spinner elements of the numeric control, but now I am receiving errors that it cannot locate resource 'primitives/spinner.xaml',  Was that element also removed from the libary?  Here is the example xaml code: 

xmlns:niPrimitives="http://schemas.ni.com/controls/2009/xaml/presentation/primitives"   

<niPrimitives:Spinner.Style>
<Style TargetType="{x:Type niPrimitives:Spinner}">
<Setter Property="AspectRatio" Value="0.682"/>
<Setter Property="DecreaseCommand" Value="niPrimitives:ControlCommands.DecrementCommand"/>
<Setter Property="DecreaseContent" Value="M 1,1.25 L 3,1.25 2,2.75 z M 0,0 4,4"/>
<Setter Property="IncreaseCommand" Value="niPrimitives:ControlCommands.IncrementCommand"/>
<Setter Property="IncreaseContent" Value="M 1,2.75 L 3,2.75 2,1.25 z M 0,0 4,4"/>
<Setter Property="ButtonStyle">
<Setter.Value>
<Style TargetType="{x:Type RepeatButton}">
<Setter Property="HorizontalContentAlignment" Value="Stretch"/>
<Setter Property="VerticalContentAlignment" Value="Stretch"/>
<Setter Property="Template">
<Setter.Value>
<ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type ButtonBase}">
<ThemesAero:ButtonChrome x:Name="Chrome" BorderBrush="{TemplateBinding BorderBrush}" Background="{TemplateBinding Background}" RenderMouseOver="{TemplateBinding IsMouseOver}" RenderPressed="{TemplateBinding IsPressed}" RenderDefaulted="{TemplateBinding Button.IsDefaulted}" SnapsToDevicePixels="True">
<ContentPresenter ContentTemplate="{TemplateBinding ContentTemplate}" Content="{TemplateBinding Content}" ContentStringFormat="{TemplateBinding ContentStringFormat}" HorizontalAlignment="{TemplateBinding HorizontalContentAlignment}" Margin="{TemplateBinding Padding}" RecognizesAccessKey="True" SnapsToDevicePixels="{TemplateBinding SnapsToDevicePixels}" VerticalAlignment="{TemplateBinding VerticalContentAlignment}"/>
</ThemesAero:ButtonChrome>
<ControlTemplate.Triggers>
<Trigger Property="IsKeyboardFocused" Value="True">
<Setter Property="RenderDefaulted" TargetName="Chrome" Value="True"/>
</Trigger>
<Trigger Property="ToggleButton.IsChecked" Value="True">
<Setter Property="RenderPressed" TargetName="Chrome" Value="True"/>
</Trigger>
<Trigger Property="IsEnabled" Value="False">
<Setter Property="Foreground" Value="#FFADADAD"/>
</Trigger>
</ControlTemplate.Triggers>
</ControlTemplate>
</Setter.Value>
</Setter>
</Style>
</Setter.Value>
</Setter>
<Setter Property="ContentTemplate">
<Setter.Value>
<DataTemplate>
<Path Data="{Binding}" Fill="Black" Stretch="Fill"/>
</DataTemplate>
</Setter.Value>
</Setter>
</Style>
</niPrimitives:Spinner.Style>

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,740 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author z4gunn

It turns out this was an in-direct exception related to a few of my files that I still needed to change from "NumericControlCommands" to "ControlCommands".  The project seems to be working properly now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,717 Views)