Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement 8.1.1 waveform graph

Am I the only one or did the 8.1.1. add new bugs??
I had a waveform graph with 4 plots, each with a different timing (same xAxis, only point freq is different). This works just fine on the 8.0.1 version. When I recieved the 8.1.1 version with the "bug fixes" I hurried to install it only to find out it just messed up everything, the plots no longer appear synced with eachother... Now I removed it and re-installed the 8.0.1 version and it works just fine.
Did anyone else encounter this problem? Is there any solution?

Also, there is the zomming in/out issue- is there any user-friendly way to solve this?

Thanks,
Yael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,755 Views)
Hi Yael,

We never try and introduce new bugs when we release a newer version of Measurement Studio.  With that said, sometimes bugs do slip by our radar and go undetected (some are brand new, some may be showing because of another fix we made, etc).  Regardless, we would like to take a look at the problem you are having. 

If you could upload a simple example of your application, I would be happy to test it out in 8.0.1 and 8.1.1.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,751 Views)
Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for replying so soon...

I tried to write a simple application to demonstrate my problem, but I didn't re-install the 8.1.1 version to make sure it really does happen...

What I am trying to do is present different plots with different timing (frequency changed, starting time is the same) an the same graph with the same xAxis.
With the 8.0.1 version it presents as shown in attached bmp file.

As I recall, with the 8.1.1 version it simply didn't work. the different plots seemed to use the same timing, hence, they were not synced as they should be.

Maybe there is additional parameters I should have set in the 8.1.1. version??

Also, What about the zooming & panning functions? Is there a way to use buttons (and not ctrl keys) for that (as in labview)?

Thank you for your help,

Yael.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,745 Views)
It seems the attachments were lost...

Here they are

Yael
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,739 Views)
We are in the middle of investigating the issue you have described. While we do that, I would like to quickly give you an idea of how to resolve your second query. You can use the InteractionModeDefault property of the graph to interact with the graph without using the keyboard. We do not provide a built-in toolbox like LabVIEW does, so you will have to create the buttons to represent the interactive actions yourself. In the Click event for each corresponding button, you can set the InteractionModeDefault property of the graph to the appropriate value. For example, in the button Click event of the zoom button, you could have -

waveformGraph.InteractionModeDefault = GraphDefaultInteractionMode.ZoomXY;

Similarly in the button Click event of the pan button, you could have -

waveformGraph.InteractionModeDefault = GraphDefaultInteractionMode.PanXY;

Hope this helps.
Abhishek Ghuwalewala | Measurement Studio | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,722 Views)
Hi Yael,

We have created a patch for that bug that you found. Could you post your email address so I can contact you directly? Or if you prefer, if you give me permission, I can contact our web support team and get your contact information that way.  Just let me know.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,590 Views)

Hello Jonathan,

My email address is Yael.Fellous@gmail.com,

Thank you for taking care of my problem,

Yael 

0 Kudos