I have a USB-5133 USB scope and I am using an EdgeTrigger like this in C#

NIScope scopeSession = new NIScope(ResourceName, IdQuery, ResetDevice);

double triggerLevel = 0.5;
ScopeTriggerSlope triggerSlope = ScopeTriggerSlope.Positive;
ScopeTriggerCoupling triggerCoupling = ScopeTriggerCoupling.DC;
ScopeTriggerSource triggerSource = ScopeTriggerSource.Channel0;
PrecisionTimeSpan triggerHoldoff = PrecisionTimeSpan.Zero;
PrecisionTimeSpan triggerDelay = PrecisionTimeSpan.Zero;
ScopeSession.Trigger.EdgeTrigger.Configure(triggerSource, triggerLevel, triggerSlope, triggerCoupling, triggerHoldoff, triggerDelay);

I am then fetching the waveform like

AnalogWaveformCollection<double> waveforms = scopeSession.Channels[ScopeTriggerSource.Channel0].Measurement.FetchDouble(Timeout, actualRecordLength, waveforms, out waveformInfo);

This method, FetchDouble blocks the scope while it waits for voltage to trigger. I would like to be able to stop the scope from waiting for something to trigger it. Is it possible to manually trigger the scope or is there a way to stop the scope from waiting?

Regards,

Jonathan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,027 Views)

Hi nyc,

Thanks for the reply. I have searched the internet and looked through the documentation but I cannot find the answer to my question.

I looked at that link but I am not having trouble configuring my trigger, it is working correctly. However, I would like to be able to cancel any waiting triggers on my scope. Do you know how to do that?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,001 Views)

@jonfrankel001 wrote:

Hi nyc,

Thanks for the reply. I have searched the internet and looked through the documentation but I cannot find the answer to my question.

I looked at that link but I am not having trouble configuring my trigger, it is working correctly. However, I would like to be able to cancel any waiting triggers on my scope. Do you know how to do that?

Regards.

Waiting trigger?

I don't have experience with this particularly scope, but other scopes, when you change the triggering, the effect is immediate.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,985 Views)