From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS 8.0.1 licence upgrade problem

Hi,

I'm having some problems with upgrading to MS 8.0.1. I've been using the beta version for some time now. This version expired over the weekend. I contacted NI UK and, at their suggestion, downloaded and installed the evaluation version of MS 8.0.1. Their advice was to install this version but use my non-evaluation serial number. However, I didn't seem to get an option to specify a serial number. The evaluation version states that the licences have already expired, so I have the same problem. Does anybody know how I can successfully upgrade to 8.0.1 ?

Many thanks in advance,

Jony Hudson
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,109 Views)
Unfortunately, the evaluation version of Measurement Studio is not upgradeable to a release version simply by using a valid serial number. So, you will have to obtain the actual release version installation CD. A CD will be sent to you automatically if you purchased version 8.0 with  SSP. If you purchased 8.0 without SSP, you can request that a CD be sent to you. If you have not purchased 8.0, you will need to purchase 8.0.1 (or upgrade to 8.0.1 if you have a prior version). This is described in this post:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=232&message.id=3305

The problem you are seeing with the evaluation version reporting that it is expired is a known issue that we are in the process of fixing. There is a workaround, described in this post:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=232&message.id=3525#M3525

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,091 Views)
Excellent. Many thanks.

The CD is on order, but the updated licence files you link to will keep us running until then 🙂

Jony
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,089 Views)