From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for recommendation for redistributable project with NationalInstruments.VisaNS

Hi,

I am working in Visual Studio 2012 in C# and am looking for recommendations on how to create a redistributable project, in which, i have project references to NationalInstruments.VisaNS and NationalIInstruments.Common. I intend to make a DLL for my project that allows my colleagues to interface with various measurement instrumentation devices in their labs. I have Measurement Studio and Visual Studio on my machine, but assume that others will not have these tools on their hardware.

In an earlier attempt, we realized that the references to NationalInstruments.VisaNS would not work on another person's computer because they did not have NationalInstruments.VisaNS installed into the file path that the <myProject.dll> was looking for. If I were to fix this file path issue and give him the other required DLL's, would he run into the problem that he does not have Measurement Studio? Just curious as i work on this to see if it is a well known issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,618 Views)

Hi,

Set the CopyLocal property of the VisaNS and Common references to True. The files will be copied to the release folder when you build your project. These files will have to be copied to the end users pc along with the .exe. They'll still need to have NI Visa installed on their machines for the app to communicate with any hardware.

Curt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,608 Views)