Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing for runtime of developed DLL

I have an application which uses 3 NI enterprise analysis calls, to avoid having to buy enterprise for all developers as the functionality is very defined and black box I've put these into a separate DLL and removed the analysis requirement from the other projects instead calling the dll routine.

This is fine in debug but when I switch to release mode I get an exception

{"NationalInstruments.Restricted.AnalysisLicenser is unlicensed."}

This seems to imply that either I've got a misunderstanding of what should be possible with a dll and it's not possible to develop a DLL for use which has the enterprise functionality (the license.licx isn't being picked up from the dll but from the main application) or that types such as NationalInstruments.ComplexDouble still require enterprise licensing ?

Could anyone comment on whether this is a fundamental misunderstanding or there's a simple trick to get around this. The only methods I need to use Butterworth bandpass Filter, FFT and a exponential fit which If it doesn't work like this I'll do via interop/CVI or MathNet alternatives as that doesn't seem to complain.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,604 Views)

I've played about with this a bit more and discovered that if I use the debug dll rather than the release dll it's all fine even using the release of the main application. Does the license.licx get optimised out somehow ?

I also have a pretty constant battle with lc.exe which means having to open VS2013 and do a compile at the start of a day before VS2015 will compile things without the lc.exe warning stopping everything.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,572 Views)