Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License not found using MS 7.1 controls in VS2005, but ok in VS2003

I have followed the documentation outlined for 'Using Measurement Studio 8.0 and prior in Visual Studio 2005'. I have VS2003 loaded and VS2005 loaded with Measurement Studio 7.1 controls installed.
The controls add into the toolbox fine, but for some reason when I go to run the application I get a runtime exception for Legend control license not found.
Depending on which control is added first, I get the same exception for that control. So if I added the waveformgraph control first then I get an exception for waveformgraph license not found etc...
Why is it that the Measurement Studio controls work fine in VS2003, but not in VS2005?
Am I missing something here?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,022 Views)

Hello mhunt,

This is a known issue when using Measurement Studio 8.0 and earlier with VS 2005.  If you notice in the document you refer to, there is a section entitled 'Using Measurement Studio 8.0 Analysis Libraries in Visual Studio 2005' which mentions working with the licenses.  It outlines why the licenses from MStudio 8.0 and earlier won't work properly in a VS 2005 project.  In that same section it mentions an article in the Measurement Studio Help, Licensing Measurement Studio .NET Class Libraries without Integrated Tools, which explicitly lists the necessary steps to include the licensing for the MStudio 8.0 forms.

John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,005 Views)