Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Waveforms

I'm currently using VB 2005 and MStudio 8.01 to create an application that converts data from a 'SONY SIR 1000' tape recoreder via Sony .bin files. These files represent acceleration data (in my case) in the time domain but are quite large e.g. 13 channels each of 3,864,000 samples. This data being recorded at a 24000 per sec sample rate.

Currently I only plot one channel by extracting it out of the main array (13,3864000) but the plotY method of the wave form plot only accepts a data array of doubles. This wastes memory and seems to slow down the process as the cursors are extremely slow and difficult to use efectively.

I converted the VB2005 to VB6 (stange I know) but in VB6 with cwgraph this data could be plotted as an array of type single (with adequate resolution for my part) without any error and the cursors are much easier to move and control.

I'm trying to hold all the data samples, select a channel to view and then zoom in and eventually cut out sections of interest in the data to copy to a further array for processing and storage.

Additionally I have created a class to provide statics on the data. the MStudio class doesn't calculate all that I need.

Is there a way to have the plotY method plot an array of type single?

finally is their a way to have the markers that set the zoom to be dotted as per zoom of cwgraph?

Thanks

steve
Message 1 of 2
(2,988 Views)
Hi Steve,

Unfortunatly, you can not supply Singles to the PlotY method, nor is there any way of supplying singles, you have to use doubles.

Regarding the question relating to Zoom, I can not find information on this but I do not believe you can set the markers to be dotted.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,965 Views)