Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC.exe crash with code -2146232797 when compiling license.licx (MS 2013, VS 2012)

Hello,

I've been using licenses.licx to load NI assemblies in my application. This used to sort of work, with a crash in the LC.exe compiler here and there, but if I keep trying to recompile it would succeed eventually...

Now that my project has gone bigger, I can't make it to succeed and I would like a good solution to that problem.

My project used to be: Visual Studio 2012, WPF application using .NET 4.5 and NI assemblies from Measurement Studio 2012, with licenses.licx to load NationalInstruments.NetworkVariable.NetworkVariableLicenser (version 12.0.40.318).

I moved to Measurement Studio 2013, and to version 13.0.45.242 of the licenser class, but I get the same error.

Can anyone point me to a workaround or a fix to that problem? Is anyone experiencing it too?

DLB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,230 Views)

Hi Proengin,

Could you join a screenshot of your error?

Thanks,

Mélinda B
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,148 Views)

Sorry for being late on my reply.

Here are two screenshots, one for the top of the error message, and one for the bottom where you can have a better look at the stack.

Bottom

I have made some progress on a workaround for this problem:

. I've split my project in two exe, one for the calls to the NI DLL, and the other for everything else, so as to keep my code small.

. After trying several combinations, in my case the best one is to use Visual Studio 2012, .NET framework 3.5 and NI assemblies version 12.0.35.xx

I only rarely get the error message now, and usually it compiles after rebooting.

Thank you for your help.

DLB

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,128 Views)

Hello,

I'm developing some product with NI inside. Solution was working well for almost one year, without complation error with LC.exe. Suddenly one day I've got something like below.

error_1.PNG

No idea what happened. The best is that nothing was changed in code. Just stopped compiling. The brilliant ideas from NI are to rebuild (not working), tried hundred times. Other idea was to change something in UI, whatever it means, I tried to change XAML, but it is not compiling at all, because I don't have compiled DLLs of dependencies.

After I expand above window I get something like this:

error_2.PNG

I'm fighting with this since 3 days. It is just insane that 3rd party DLL blocks my compilation, I know, I know the license,. but there are so much better solutions...

Anyone knows how to fix it??!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,885 Views)
1. Rebuild the solution 

2. You will find a Licenses.licx file created in the Solution.Right click and exclude this file from project.

Message 5 of 5
(4,679 Views)