Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the DAQ device name?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Is it possible to change pragmatically the DAQ device name? 

I would like having at the beginning when I start the DAQ control a name that my .net program assigns it to the DAQ board. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Virginia 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,659 Views)

Hi Virginia_Solomon

Here is an example program that allows you to change the alias of DAQ devices programmatically.  It uses the System Configuration API in LabVIEW. https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15998.  This API exists in .net as well, so long as your version of NI System Configuration supports the .NET framework version you are using.  You can check NI MAX for the version of NI System Configuration you have, and then check the readme for that version for supported .NET versions.

Ashley G.
Senior Applications Engineer | RF & Wireless Communications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,626 Views)

Hi Ashly,

Thank you for the Labview example but as I mentioned I am interested in .net example. You said something about Readme file. Can you be more specific where this file exists? Is this the MAX readme or is NI System Configuration readme file. actually I opened the MAX, I marked NI System Configuration and I noticed the nisyscfg.dll but it I was not able to reference these dll in my Visual Studio project maybe because is not .net. Are there other dlls?

Thank you,

Virginia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,597 Views)

Hi Virginia,

You will need to check the NI System Configuration readme file for the version that you have.  You can just google "NI System Configuration XX.X" where the X's are your version number.  Here is the link to the version 15.0 readme: http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//system_configuration/15.0/readme.html

In the file you will see a chart that lists versions of Visual Studio that are supported.  For each, it also lists the file path the examples are located at.  Follow this path on your system, navigating to SystemConfiguration > RenameAliases, which holds the example files in visual studio that do exactly what the LabVIEW code I posted before does.  

If you do not see a SystemConfiguration folder at the file path that the readme gives, you may not have selected to install .NET support.  To fix this, modify your installation of NI System Configuration and make sure to choose to install .NET (4.0, 4.5, or whatever version you are using) support. 

Ashley G.
Senior Applications Engineer | RF & Wireless Communications
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Virginia_Solomon

Thank you Ashly!

Virginia

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,533 Views)

Hi Ashly !!

It seems like the following are the only examples available in the folder:

1. Synchronization

2. Digital

3. Counter

4. Control

5. Analog Out

6. Analog In

None of these examples point me to change the configuration at the higher level.

Also, the manual you provided asks us to see in the location of the above examples but is not helping at all with respect to the original question. As I said before, we really need a way to change the configuration settings using .Net (C# to be precise) like Name of the DAQ, etc.  eg. "Dev1" to something else.

Again, if you can point me to a specific examples, it would be awesome.

Regards,

Virginia

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,216 Views)