cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal routing DIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working with NI 6612 PCIe and C#. I am aware of the possible internal routes of my card. I managed to connect my DIO-lines physically and could successful monitor a signal signal I generated on Oscilloscope. Basically, I had some sort of this:

CTR0 Out => Pulsetrain => physical wire => CTR2 src=> Read (e.g. Count edges)

Now my problem is how to address the internal routes of my card properly. I would like to be able to monitor any digital signal I have created  but without any physical wire.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,489 Views)

Hi nmzs,

You can do this using NI-MAX:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E539D226A643C1CE8625715E007C23C8

Let us know if it helps.

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,442 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nmzs

Hi,

If you want to connect two counters with each other like in your example, you can use the CountEdgesTerminal property for an edge count channel like this:

Task myTask = new Task();
CIChannel CIChn = myTask.CIChannels.CreateCountEdgesChannel("Dev2 / ctr1", "Count Edges", CICountEdgesActiveEdge.Rising, 0, CICountEdgesCountDirection.Up);
CIChn.CountEdgesTerminal = "/Dev2/Ctr0InternalOutput";

The property name for the input signal depends on you task type so it will not always be CountEdgesTerminal.

In my example the internal counter output signal Ctr0InternalOutput will be connected to the input of counter 1.

Here you can also find more detailed information about how to export and connect signals as an alternative. It's written for LabVIEW but the approach is the same.

In .NET the method to connect signals is called DaqSystem.Local.ConnectTerminals(...)

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 3 of 3
(2,440 Views)