From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing NI 6255 with ansi C

Hello,

I would like to interface NI 6255 using ANSI C and sample at least one of the channels. Can anyone share any sample code or give any recommendation?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,749 Views)

Hi cylnu,

The DAQmx ANSI C examples are located by default in the following directory:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DAQmx ANSI C

These will install automatically with DAQmx, and should be a great step to get started. If you still need help from here, we'll need to know a little more about your application:

• What kind of signal are you trying to read? (Analog, digital, counter?)
  • Where is this signal coming from? What kind of sensor?
  • Have you verified your connections are all good and the signal is coming through as expected by using the Test Panel in the NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)?

Nick

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,711 Views)

Thanks Nick,

I found the sample codes.

At the beginning, I will be reading analog signal from a pressure transducer.

I havent verified my connections yet. I think first I need to learn how the test panel is used. I am also studying the sample codes.

Aerospace Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,698 Views)

This article describes how to test a signal using the Test Panel in NI MAX:

"Using Test Panels in Measurement & Automation Explorer for Devices Supported by NI-DAQmx"

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4638/en/

If everything is wired up correctly, you should be able to see a good signal in the Test Panel. Once that's up and running, you can start implementing data analysis, logging, etc. in your code by modifying the existing examples.

Nick

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,676 Views)