From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve tried to download the evaluation version of Measurement studio but keep getting the error “Please insert the media labelled NI Device Drivers DCD-August 2013” and no drivers are installed. How can I get around this?

I’ve tried to download the evaluation version of Measurement studio but keep getting the error “Please insert the media labelled NI Device Drivers DCD-August 2013” and no drivers are installed. How can I get around this?

Many Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,874 Views)

Hi Dave, 

If you get to this point in the installation and do not need to install drivers / do not have the driver CD, you can cancel this, and the installation will continue without performing this step. You can then add any drivers you require seperately after the installation. 

Let me know if you have any further questions, 

Kind regards,

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,850 Views)

Hi Matt, 

I have the same problem, but I do need to install NI Device drivers, I use simulated devices.

I start a thread http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/NIDaq-Windows-application-not-visible-in-new-proj... with no answer yet and I am stuck on that I cannot access the Daq assistant, I cannot use the daqmx function like stated in the example from the whitepaper NI-Tutorial-UsingDaqmx in Text ProgrammingEnvironements

Also I always get the error, when I try to create a new project:

Error 2 The project currently contains references to more than one version of NationalInstruments.Common, a direct reference to version 13.0.40.188 and an indirect reference (through 'NationalInstruments.DAQmx.Task') to version 13.0.40.190. Change the direct reference to use version 13.0.40.190 (or higher) of NationalInstruments.Common. 

Which I correct by removing the 13.0.40.188 version and adding the 13.0.40.190 from the references to the project but I am not sure that is the best solution...

I guess the 40 in this dll version number is supposed to refer to the daqmx.NET 4  framework, and I my project is actually pointing to .NET 4.5 framework, could that be the problem? if yes how should I resolve it?

Thanks in advance for your help, 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,748 Views)